Thursday, March 20

Recipe: White Chocolate and Raspberry Baked Cheesecake

Hello,
For my first blogpost I thought I should start as I mean to go on with a scrummy recipe for cheesecake!
This used to be my favourite dessert to make when I was younger and definitely sparked my love for baking. I've not made one in a long time and previous escapades involved cheesecakes set in the fridge so I thought I'd try my first ever baked cheesecake.

To make this delightful cheesecake you will need:
- An 8 inch loose-bottomed cake tin (greased and lined)
- 400g full fat cream cheese 
- 1 large egg
- 75g melted butter

- 125g crushed biscuits (I used hobnobs but digestives would work well too!)

- 170g raspberries (ideally fresh but frozen are much cheaper)

- 150g chocolate chips or buttons.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 
- 70g caster sugar
- 1 and a half tbsp cornflour
- 50ml double cream


Preheat your oven to 180C/160C fan.
Now to batter your biscuits up, this can either be done in a food processor or with a rolling pin then mix in the melted butter.

Pour into your tin and push down with a spatula.

Put in the oven for 10 minutes and allow to cool. (Turn up oven to 200C/180C fan)
Moving onto the cheese part...
Mix the sugar, cream cheese and cornflour together until smooth.

Add the eggs and some vanilla extract - mix thoroughly.

Slowly add the double cream and fold in the raspberries and white chocolate.

Pour into the tin on top of the cooled base and place in the oven for 40 minutes.

Now leave to cool for at least 2 hours to ensure it's completely set.

Decorate.
And devour...
Hope you enjoy this if you decide to make it!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kath & Cake | UK Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig