Friday, March 28

Recipe: Banana and Nutella Muffins

I made these little beauties for my friend's charity cake sale - she will be hitchhiking to Croatia in a couple of weeks all in the aid of charity! I thought I'd help her out in the way I know best - baking!
Banana and Nutella are a match made in heaven, perfect on pancakes. I thought i'd try them out in cake form. This recipe calls for those really ripe bananas, the ones going brown and mushy on the windowsill.


You will need:
  • 230 grams self raising flour
  • 150 grams granulated sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 120 grams, melted butter
  • 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 tbsp Nutella
Pop your oven onto 180 C.
Mix all the ingredients together gently, keep the mixture slightly lumpy so you can taste the bananas once they're cooked.
Divide mixture between cake cases - around three quarters full.
Add a dollop of nutella onto each cake and swirl it in with a cocktail stick (or use my method of the end of a spoon because I don't own cocktail sticks)
Slide into the oven for 15-20 minutes - checking they're cooked by sticking a knife in gently avoiding the nutella - you want it to come out clean.

Hope you enjoy!

And no, I didn't eat one for my breakfast before taking them to the cake sale...
p.s. my rocky road's went down a treat too!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kath & Cake | UK Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig