Thursday, July 16

Lifestyle: Summer Reading List

It's been far too long since I've picked up a book that isn't degree related and I really miss it. As i'm heading on holiday for 3 weeks where I'll inevitably have more free time I thought I'd compile a list of what I'll be reading. I popped into Waterstones the other day even though I have a kindle I just love having a book in hand and also I get sucked in by cover designs. I realised how long it had been since I had been in a book shop as there were so many new releases. I've decided my kindle is much easier to travel with as I tend to get through quite a few so here's some I'm adding to my reading list this summer...

1. The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters
This has appeared on my kindle thanks to my mum - the beauty of connecting her account to mine! I actually need to check whether she's read this yet as I tend to rely on her recommendations.

2. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
This book is SO long! I'm hoping that by having it on my kindle it won't be as daunting. I've heard mixed reviews about this so I'm interested to see what I think... I can get through it.

3. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
Now seeing as I've read every other John Green book and loved it I have absolutely no idea why I haven't read this yet! It has my name in the title for one (albeit spelt wrong ;)) but also I love John's writing style so hoping this is similar to his other books.

4. The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion 
I only got round to reading The Rosie Project, his first novel, earlier this year and it was one of those books that I read in a relatively small number of sittings. I can't wait to see how the story and the characters have progressed.

5. The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer
I only had to read the back of the book to know that I would enjoy this. It's a book that's based around mental illness so it will be interesting to see how this is tackled.

6. The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp
This has been on my Amazon Wishlist for ages and I noticed it had dropped down in price on Kindle whilst I was writing this post. It's technically a teen novel but sometimes I think there's some right gems out there that get over looked and I'm actually still a teenager (clinging on to the last month of my teens!) I'm looking forward to this one as I know there's a film out with Shailene Woodley in, who I love, but I want to read the book first.

I feel like I've got a little bit of everything in there. Only time will tell whether I'll be able to finish them all (and maybe read some others as I have an ever expanding list!)
Have you read any of these books? Do you have any recommendations for what I should read?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kath & Cake | UK Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig