Monday, July 27

Hair: DIY Ombre and Maintenance

During the exam period a couple of months ago I picked up some hair dye on a whim/"exam stress panic" and dyed the very tips of my hair blonde. I was really nervous so didn't want to do too much in case it went wrong and I had to chop it off. You can see the results on instagram here. I used the L'oreal Wild Ombre Preference No 1.
A few weeks ago I decided to grab another box (it was £6 in Boots!) and work a bit further up. I used a backcomb brush to backcomb the ends so it didn't come out as a straight line of colour and I was really happy with the results.
This isn't going to get you white blonde ends by any means but that wasn't really what I was going for. The dye itself comes with a brush applicator which makes it really easy to apply, but boy does it stink. I left mine on for around 35 minutes (it recommends no more than 40) and then washed it out using the conditioner provided in the pack.
I've been using the Provoke Touch of Silver Colour Care Shampoo on the ends to knock out a bit of the 'ginger tone' and the John Frieda Luxurious Volume for Colour Treated Hair Shampoo for general use. I could definitely do with a deep conditioner for the ends as funnily enough bleach isn't too good for it so if anyone has any recommendations I would love to hear them.
Have you ever ombred your hair? Do you have any deep conditioners you would recommend?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I find hair masks are brilliant for keeping your hair in amazing condition! <3

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I definitely need to invest in some good hair masks!
      Kathryn x

      Delete

© Kath & Cake | UK Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig