Monday, August 10

Food: My Favourite Cookery Books

I've got to admit a lot of the recipes I use these days are found online but a cookery book is one of my most simple pleasures in life. I love flicking through them to gather inspiration. Oh and you might notice there's a baking theme - that's where my heart is.



Deliciously Ella by Ella Woodward
This is actually a recent addition to the collection despite it's massive growth in popularity I didn't cave in for quite a while. If you haven't heard of Ella's blog, have you been living under a rock?! she adopted a plant-based diet in order to manage her illness. Everything looks so delicious and I've been bookmarking practically every single page so I can try it when I get back from America.

Crumb by Ruby Tandoh
I absolutely love Ruby, not only for her no nonsense tweets on twitter but her recipes are incredible too. The Pecan cookies are my favourite that I've tried out of the book so far. She's also the reason I managed to make croissants once without crying - a time consuming exercise but well worth it if only to say "look I made these myself!!"

How to Bake by Paul Hollywood
Ah Paul, the silver fox of baking. I loved his recipes for bread but unfortunately I'm trying not to eat it at the moment as recommended by my doctor, which makes me immensely sad. His Hot Cross Bun recipe is my go-to always.

Jamie's 30 Minute Meals
Oh Jamie and his deceptive concept of 30 minute meals, never have I managed to make one of these in 30 minutes but all I have tried have tasted define. A firm favourite in our household is his rice & black beans which we have on a far too regular basis. The jerk chicken he makes with this is really rather good too.

The Great British Bake Off - How To Bake 
My all time favourite programme, I'm so happy this is back but so sad that I'm in America so I'm unable to watch it! Featuring the Queen of Baking herself, Mary Berry, this is full of recipes from really easy Victoria Sponge to the more challenging Macaroons. The Stem Ginger shortbreads are all kinds of wonderful - this is probably the book I've used the most for baking.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kath & Cake | UK Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig