Monday, October 13

Sheffield: The Common Room

Pre-Bestival and Post-Birthday I headed up to Sheffield to check out my new student house and try and make it more homely. I also met up with one of my old flatmates, Zoe. It has become a tradition that when we meet up, we go for food so sticking with tradition we headed to somewhere we hadn't ventured before. The Common Room on Division Street describes itself as a 'unique and edgy American sports, pool bar and diner serving renowned pit grill bbq'.

It wasn't particularly busy when we went but this was before all the students had moved in and I've now been assured that it's always busy. The menu is extensive and filled with many fried delights including, Crispy Fried Chicken Skin, Bacon Wrapped JalapeƱos, sharer platters and burgers. However, me and Zoe both went for the aptly named 'Trailer Trash' - Deep fried mac & cheese, pulled pork, lettuce, tomato & BBQ sauce on a brioche bun. I of course opted to pay £1 extra for sweet potato fries (my favourite).
This was so good (and so bad for you) and we swiftly followed it up with an Oreo milkshake for dessert. I then slowly dragged myself back to the station to head home. I can't wait to go back here and sample the entire menu. Writing this post is making me so hungry!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kath & Cake | UK Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig