Friday, September 18

Travel: Trek America Days 11 - 14

Hello San Francisco! We spent far too long taking pictures of the Golden Gate Bridge which meant we were late back to the van - oops! After checking into the hotel we headed down to Pier 39 to see the sea lions and get on our sunset cruise. It was incredible and apparently we had the perfect weather for it as usually it's too foggy to see anything. This was one of my favourite parts of the trip and by this point we'd become a little family. The next day we went on a tour with Urban Adventures around China Town which was included in our trek which was really interesting as it showed us things we'd have usually just walked on by - we bought a lot of fortune cookies. We then walked up Lombard Street - never will I complain about Sheffield's hills again!

The next day we left at the painful time of 7am to begin our long drive along the Pacific Coast Highway. We stopped at Monterey which you may have recently seen featured on the BBC on Big Blue Live and we did actually manage to see some whales when were driving past. I don't have many photos from these last two days as I forgot to get my camera out a lot. 
I've not featured any pictures of my trek group as I forgot to ask them for permission before I left but I just wanted to say that we did have the best group going and it was a great mix of people, made all the better by our trek leader. He only started this summer but he's become a natural at his job pretty quick so I hope he has an epic time trekking America with all his new groups! To anyone thinking of going on a Trek America, do it and you won't regret it!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kath & Cake | UK Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig