Thursday, July 10

Turtle Bay, Birmingham

I can't say I know a whole lot about Caribbean food but once I saw my friend Em recommend it over on her blog, here, it wasn't just the 2-4-1 cocktails that were tempting. So when my lovely flatmate came down 'south' to visit, I took her to Cadbury World for her birthday (apparently a 22 year old's dream) and after eating far too much chocolate we decided we could actually fit some real food in.

The atmosphere in Turtle Bay is so chilled and we headed straight to the bar to order some cocktails. Deciding was extremely difficult so I left it to Jade, we either had the Strawberry Daiquiri or Raspberry Reggae, either way it was so tasty!

For food, we decided to go from the Lunch 'n' Lighter Menu with me going for the Shrimp & Mango Wrap switching plain fries for sweet potato fries and Jade going for the Goats Cheese, Aubergine & Butternut Salad. Now my food was good but I have never been so jealous of a salad, that is what all salads should look like. Also the fried chickpeas which came with the salad were incredible and definitely something I want to try and recreate.
We decided to miss desert seeing as we'd eaten so much chocolate but ordered another cocktail instead and headed outside. Tobago Tea was our next drink of choice - this was my favourite.
Turtle Bay is extremely reasonably priced and I've been raving about it to everyone. Please come to Sheffield soon because I think I've started a love affair with Caribbean food!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kath & Cake | UK Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig