Thursday, January 21

Beauty | Why Epilating is the way forward

I've found the answer people, the answer to all our shaving/waxing woes. Today, we're talking hair removal, who knew that was ever going to be a topic on my blog?! I just feel the need to spread the love for the epilator(/torture device).

This method is not for the faint hearted because if you've never tried epilating before you might just faint when you first try it. I've dabbled with it before as I used to borrow my mum's (probably not recommended to share but who knows). I actually received an epilator, by request may I add, for my 20th birthday from my parents. Leaving your teens means you can move on from shaving apparently, I jest I jest. I actually really wanted one as I was quite fed up with shaving all the time.

I have the Braun Silk-epil 7 Cordless Wet & Dry Epilator which comes with multiple attachments I'm yet to use. I use it on my legs and underarms and have been really pleased with the results. 

Things I love

1 | Cordless. The fact it's cordless makes it as easy as a razor to use with no wire in the way. 

2 | Hair doesn't all grow back at once. This is where it makes it so  much better than shaving, because it's pulling the hair out from the root it takes longer to grow back and the hair grows back at different stages. This means you won't have to do the whole leg at once. 

Things that aren't so great

1 | The pain, oh my. If you leave too longer gaps between it, it's like doing it for the first time.  

2 | I haven't found using it in the shower works at all. The whole point of being able to use it with water is that it won't hurt as much but I just don't find it's that effective. 

3 | The Price. This is a bit of an investment at nearly £100 but when I think of the money I've spent on razor blades over the years it seems worth it in the long run.

Overall all though I think epilators are a really good investment to make and I haven't had any major issues with it so far. 

Have you used an epilator before? Would you try an epilator?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kath & Cake | UK Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig