Friday, January 8

New in | A Stress Fuelled Shopping Haul

Apparently writing a dissertation and revising for an exam is quite stressful, who knew? Breaks seem to result in me ending up on the Topshop website (and a few others) and browsing for things I definitely don't need, although I did pick up this bargain of a striped dress which I ended up wearing on New Year's Eve. I've picked up a couple of other things post-christmas, only one thing actually being in the sale though.
1 | Whilst buying 21st birthday presents on the John Lewis website for one of my friends I noticed my favourite fluffy socks from Joules were in the sale. My current ones make me look a bit like the Cheshire Cat so I grabbed some slightly less bright ones. Similar here.

2 | I spotted a few people talking about Gizzi Erskine's cookery book: Gizzi's Healthy Appetite on twitter the other day and as I'm easily led I decided to order it. I love trying new recipes and I haven't bought a new recipe book in a while. I'm really looking forward to digging in. I think first on my list will be the New York-Style Meatballs with Courgetti (I blooming love courgetti!)

3 | Baths are very important when you're feeling stressed so a visit to Lush was imperative. I managed to miss out on the Lush sale so no christmas themed baths in January for me. I beelined for The Comforter as I know how lovely this product is and how many baths you can get out of it. I then was swayed to try a new bubble bar, the Unicorn Horn, scented with lavender and neroli oil this sounded right up my street. I can't wait to try these out.

4 | Finally I popped into Oxfam as I needed some reading inspiration. I settled on a Sebastian Faulks novel that I haven't read, A Week in December. I bought this home and my dad said he hated it so I'm hoping I'll have more luck with it. Books were on buy one get one free (because apparently even charity shops do offers) so I picked up Then we Came to the End by Joshua Ferris, mainly because it was next to my first choice and I was in a hurry.

So there we go, a bit of stress-fuelled shopping, thankfully not too damaging to my bank account. Oh and the background is some gorgeous new bed sheets from the Marks & Spencers sale which I absolutely adore, apologies I can't find them online.

Have you picked up anything new recently? Do you have any book recommendations?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kath & Cake | UK Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig