Wednesday, February 10

Life | A Weekend in the Peak District

Hello! Sorry posts have been few and far between, I took a well needed break from writing anything after handing in my dissertation, also sleep, I missed sleep.
After a night out with some of my favourites my parents came to visit me in the North. As I feel like they've seen enough of Sheffield we always head to the peaks when they come to visit. It always makes me wish I went more often as I love exploring the countryside.

The storm came early and bought with it torrential rain and therefore we didn't get to spend much time outside. We grabbed bacon and sausage rolls from the Penny Pot cafe in Edale and then popped over to Castleton for a wander round.

We stayed in Bradwell at the Shoulder of Mutton B&B, I can't fault it, the staff were lovely and it was all spick and span. Be warned it is a pub so it didn't get quiet until about half 12, to be expected on a Saturday night and not unbearable as I stayed up most of the night reading Room by Emma Donoghue.

We had booked into the Samuel Fox Country Inn for dinner which was just down the road from the pub we were staying at. The food was absolutely incredible, I only wish the lighting wasn't so strange, it was constantly fading in and out (maybe it was my eyes) so I didn't manage to get very good pictures.

On Sunday full of a massive English breakfast we took a rather long walk up and around Mam Tor. It was ridiculously windy (I thought we might fly away) but thankfully the rain had subsided. This did mean there was a lot of mud. I think we ended up down the muddiest path of them all, I don't have a picture as I was trying not to fall over/fall into a tree (nearly happened).
It was such a relaxing weekend (bar the windy walk) and I really enjoyed seeing my parents, I have to say that, they'll read this ;)
Have you ever been to the Peak District? 

Posts you may like:
Lifestyle: A Weekend in the Peak District
Sheffield: Mayfield Alpaca Farm
Come and find me on:

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kath & Cake | UK Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig