Friday, April 15

Life | London Birthday Celebrations

If you've been following me on instagram (shameless plug!) you may have noticed I took a little trip to London last week. We initially went to celebrate my brother's birthday but Mum and I managed to turn it into quite a mammoth trip and also managed to meet up with one of her friends for lunch. Even though I lugged my camera round for the two days we were there I forgot to actually use it and ended up taking a lot of pictures on my phone.



The Wednesday was spent wandering around the shops (struggling to find a present for my brother - finally settled on tickets for The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime), we went to Carnaby Street where we found Kingly Court (and pizza!) and really loved the atmosphere and how it was slightly closed off from the hustle and bustle. We picked up some cupcakes from Crumbs & Doilies and then attempted not to crush them on the walk towards Charing Cross. After a coffee at St Martin in the Field's Cafe in the Crypt, we met up with my Dad and brother for tea at Wahaca.
We then went to see The Book of Mormon at the Prince of Wales Theatre, I had such mixed feelings towards the play at the end. I'd love to know what you think about it if you've seen it?
After very little sleep on my brother's sofa in his flat I met up with my parents for coffee before my Dad headed to work. Mum and I then settled on a little trip to Borough Market to start the day as she's never managed to go when it's open. We then ended up having brunch at Rabot 1745 just off from the market, it didn't really click that this was linked to Hotel Chocolat until we left but our breakfast was delicious, I'm still unsure on the chocolate butter though... I would love to go back for their afternoon tea.
I have no photos but we went to the Old Operating Theatre Museum which took me right back to my GCSE History class as we studied a lot about the history of surgery. If you do plan a visit be warned that there is a very steep spiral staircase to get into the museum (something my dad hadn't warned us about!)
For lunch we met up with my mum's friend and had a really delicious meal at Adam Handling at Caxton. I think I'm going to write a separate blog post on this so stay tuned!

After a very exhausting couple of days we got the first off peak train home with cans of gin & tonic in hand. Thanks Mum (and the rest of the fam) for a really great trip to the big city.

Come and find me on:

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kath & Cake | UK Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig