Tuesday, May 27

Recipe: Raspberry Cupcakes

Revision for exams is still relentless, thankfully it will be over in a week's time. Unthankfully this means 1st year will officially be over *sob*. All this revision has led to a whole lot of baking and as I'm at home at the moment it's made baking a lot easier. First up on the agenda was a simple Victoria Sponge which, not to blow my own trumpet, was pretty darn good.
On Saturday, I decided to make what I could with the dwindling baking supplies (thankfully they have now been restocked!). I went for Raspberry Cupcakes from this recipe here.

For the cakes:
180g butter
180g caster sugar
180g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
4 tbsp milk
2 eggs
150g raspberries

For the icing:
125g butter
250g icing sugar
1 tbsp milk
drop of red food colouring

It's a very simple bake, one where you just chuck all the ingredients together - minus the raspberries. When putting in the cake cases, put a spoonful of cake mixture, followed by 2 or 3 raspberries and then another spoon of mixture. Pop in the oven at 180C for 20 minutes. But wait, you can't eat them yet! Leave them to cool while you make some buttercream (my favourite part). Once the cakes are cooled, pipe the icing on top. My icing technique leaves a lot to be desired and that's why you only get to see these ones!
Now back to the revision, hopefully I can update you on my adventures after I've finished exams next week!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. These look delish! Will save this recipe and give your wonderful raspberry cupcakes a try sometime soon :-)

    Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a wonderful blog :) I was just passing through and wanted to say hello! I'm following you now as well. Have a lovely day xx

    www.poptartsbeauty.blogspot.co.uk
    Check out my MAC lipstick giveaway! Click here x

    ReplyDelete

© Kath & Cake | UK Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig