Friday, August 1

London's Calling: Theatre and Jackson + Rye

After finding some cheap tickets for the National Theatre production of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time, mum and I decided that was a good enough excuse for his to take a little trip down to London.
I didn't realise how hot it was actually going to be, blimey, I was glad to be moving from one air conditioned place to the next.
Once we'd collected our tickets from the box office we originally set off in search of The Breakfast Club but on the way I saw Jackson & Rye which I believe somebody had recommended to me so I decided we should go there instead. Rightly so, the inside was nicely laid out with the bar area at the forefront so you could see them making the cocktails, something we didn't end up trying.

We both went for the House Lemonade along with a lot of water to rehydrate. For food, I chose from the brunch menu and decided on the Fried Chicken Sandwich and mum went for the Reuben Sandwich from the mains menu. We both really enjoyed the food, I believe the chicken was fried in buttermilk and it was so so good, probably not the healthiest but the diet's gone out of the window!
We decided against dessert as we thought we'd get something after the show so we went to take our seats in the theatre. We were in the Grand Circle and were both in Prime Number seats meaning you could win a prize if the letters of your name add up to a prime number - which I did, 157!
The show was absolutely amazing, so much so that I would happily see it again and again. It's also resulted in me having to dig out the book to read it again having read it so long ago.
I'm back in London very soon for a 2 week placement, please can you cool down by then!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kath & Cake | UK Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig