Monday, August 4

Recipe: Butterfly Cupcakes

The simplest of recipes and one that brings a massive dose of nostalgia as I think the last time I made these I was very young. I made them for my friend's little sisters and they went down a treat.

For the recipe I used a simple cake recipe - nothing too fancy here.
For the cakes:
  • 200g golden caster sugar
  • 200g butter, softened (I used Flora Buttery)
  • 4 large eggs
  • 200g wholemeal self-raising flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tbsp milk
For the buttercream:
  • 70g butter, softened
  • 100g icing sugar
  • Drop of vanilla extract

Now for the extremely simple instructions.
Preheat your oven to 190C. Mix all the cake ingredients together and divide between muffin cases. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until risen, golden and firm to touch. Leave to cool while you mix the buttercream. Slice the tops of the cake and cut this bit in half - fill the hole with buttercream and put the wings on. Simples.

Enjoy!
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. i loved having these cakes as a child! i've just nominated you for the liebster award on my blog!

    http://septembrclouds.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

© Kath & Cake | UK Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig