Monday, August 11

Travel: The Tower, Aylsham

Let me just set the scene. A few weeks ago I was bed-ridden with tonsillitis (hence the lack of posts) and dad asked me whether I fancied a little break in Norfolk the following weekend before my work experience began in London. Obviously I said yes, hoping and praying my tonsillitis would be gone by this point.

Usually I want to know every little detail about where we're going and where we're staying but being ill at the time, it was the least of my worries.
After a rather long drive and a little bit of getting lost, we found a sign and our own private driveway.
I burst into fits of giggles when I saw it, expecting a little cottage, boy was I wrong. I think it's always been my dad's dream to pretend he's king of the castle.
The Tower is a National Trust owned property set on the Blickling Estate, originally used as the Earl of Buckinghamshire's Race Stand.
It's got a rather good view.

We had an absolutely lovely stay - my only issue being the lack of internet/wifi signal but hey it's always nice to get away from it all and switch it all off. I would totally recommend it for a short break, it definitely helped me get over my tonsillitis. I may put that down to the most incredible sticky toffee pudding that I had at The Bucks Arms - just down the road from The Tower.
Also check out the cows that came to visit us everyday around 5pm - think my brother may be the cow whisperer.
I'm currently on work experience in London so posts may be a bit sparse as I can't hack the working life so all I do when I get home is sleep but I'll try my best.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kath & Cake | UK Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig