Wednesday, February 25

Sheffield: Recent Foodie Finds

Blogging took a bit of a (extended!) hiatus over Christmas, then exams etc. but that didn't stop me from eating out (a lot).

The Great Gatsby
Following my return to Sheffield pre-exams at the end of January, I was treated to a meal out at The Great Gatsby. Having not been back since my first year for food I was excited to get a decent burrito. Burritos aren't the most photogenic foods and alas I only had my iPhone. Whilst I went for the Chipotle Chicken, my parents went for the Pulled Pork. There were smiles all round accompanied by very full stomachs - and I was ready to attack my exams. (If only I could have had a cocktail...)


The Graze Inn

After our first exam, we had a rather long gap so we decided to celebrate getting one out of the way. Thanks to my housemate's recommendation and with the aid of my friend's car, we made it to Ecclesall Road described as "Sheffield's foodie hangout" by the Graze Inn themselves. After browsing the menu for quite some time... we are terrible at decisions, I went for a "Graze Inn Flatbread" which is essentially pizza with crab, salmon, prawns and courgettes whilst two of my friends decided on the Crab, prawn and chorizo linguine (a slight theme going on) and the other had an Asian curry with noodles which all looked delicious. This was a lovely meal, although slightly more expensive than our usual haunts it was nice to try somewhere new. I noticed they've recently changed their menu so maybe I should head back soon.
The Lucky Fox
Post-exams, I promise they were all finished this time(!) We went to The Lucky Fox, a relatively new place on Division Street which I did manage to try out briefly before Christmas. This is my current favourite and their fried chicken is fantastic. 3 out of 5 of us went for The Fat Elvis - double dipped fried chicken, slaw, bacon and fries on a brioche bun (my stomach just grumbled at the thought)

Smoke BBQ
Finally, after I'd got back into the swings of things in Semester 2 and been dumped with the dreaded word 'Dissertation' I decided food was definitely in order. We decided to try another new place to us which I think is now heading into it's second year of business. Smokehouse BBQ - a vegetarian's nightmare. We decided to get a pit plate each, barbecue chicken and pulled pork and split it with sides of Mac & Cheese and Coleslaw. As much as I enjoyed the food, it did get slightly samey as it was a lot of meat! I felt like I was eating a whole chicken. So good value for money - £11 for a pit plate and a side but I can imagine the amount of food that must get wasted. Also I loved the touch of serving popcorn whilst you wait as it's my favourite thing to snack on.

If I was to recommend one place for you to try now, head to The Lucky Fox although you might struggle to find a table as everyone else seems to know how good it is too! Oh but you should definitely go to The Great Gatsby for cocktails.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kath & Cake | UK Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig