Wednesday, October 22

Recipe: Macaroni Cheese

My favourite food in the world is Macaroni Cheese. Unfortunately it's probably the unhealthiest and I'm yet to find a recipe that tastes as good as the proper version. This is how I make mine for the days when I'm feeling particularly rubbish.

Ingredients:

70g Macaroni (or any pasta you fancy)
200ml milk
1tbsp butter
1tbsp flour
1/2 tsp mustard powder
Pinch of pepper
50g grated cheese plus extra for sprinkling
Breadcrumbs (I used half a slice of brown bread)

Cook the pasta according to instructions minus 2 minutes. Melt the butter and stir in the flour, mustard powder and pepper and cook for a minute. Then add the milk and whisk like crazy. Simmer until thickened and then take off the heat and stir in the cheese. Add the pasta to the cheese sauce and pour into an ovenproof dish. Top with breadcrumbs and cheese and put in a preheated oven (180C) for 20 minutes.
You can add whatever you like, I cooked some sausages before and then chopped them up and added them in but you could add bacon or mushrooms, whatever takes your fancy. I also topped mine with a sliced tomato because I thought it needed some healthiness. This is slightly too much for one person but when you're feeling down a big bowl of carbs is all you need.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I love macaroni cheese so much and this is making me so hungry!

    www.saltandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummi ! Great post :)

    Brina xoxo, Check out -->COAT GIVEAWAY - 3 WINNERS

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummmy


    lovely blog post had a great read :)

    love your blog :)

    new post --> http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/ would love to see a comment


    have a nice day

    Jade

    xx

    ReplyDelete

© Kath & Cake | UK Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig