Monday, November 2

Life: October Catchup

Hello, hello! It's been a busy old month so I thought to keep track of what I'd been up to I'd put a post together to help me remember.
The first week and a half of October began with heading to Peddler Market, a street food market in Sheffield (and a favourite of mine!) that was celebrating it's first birthday.
This was followed by a trip to Tamper Coffee later in the week and I can't believe, 1. that I've never been before and 2. that I haven't been back yet! A night out with Geogsoc happened and it was a really fun night despite getting soaked in the queue for the club.
There's a new cafe now open pretty close to us, Alyssum Cafe so we decided we best give it a go, I can't wait to go back and try the main meals too!
I had a visit from my home friend Liv who's currently working up in York so I can't wait to go and visit her there. We had a brilliant meal out at Ego, opposite The Crucible in town and was somewhere I had never previously considered. Liv is gluten and dairy free so I had a quick search to see what Sheffield had to offer. Thanks to the guys at @Eatsocialshef I was given quite a few options and was definitely impressed with what we chose.
I had a slightly more relaxed start to the next week with a lovely meal out at Anchorage with some of the Geography girls before getting a train home. Ia sneaky look round the new John Lewis at Birmingham New Street Station and took my mum out for food, read about that here. I then met up with one of my friends and we caught a bus to Cardiff to celebrate two of our friend's 21st's! A meal out at Cosy Club, some live music followed by cake and drinks the next day. It was so good to visit my home friends and I really wish I had done that more over my time at university.
After arriving back from Cardiff all I wanted to do was sleep and that is what I mainly did all week before heading home again for my cousin's wedding, you can read all about that here.
A couple of days of R+R at home followed before hopping back to Sheffield. October came to a close with Halloween of course, I clearly tried really hard with my outfit.. I did get to try out my new hair chalks which should be featured in a post soon! I also trialled the new Depot Bakery location, more on that later in the week...
I'm now firmly back in Sheffield, for at least a couple of weeks anyway...
I didn't quite realise how much I'd packed into this month (especially food!), I promise I did some work (and the gym!!) around this too! I'm looking forward to November as it means we're getting closer to Christmas, yay!
What have you been up to this month? 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kath & Cake | UK Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig