Friday, November 6

Sheffield | The Depot Bakery, Kelham Island

The Depot Bakery recently moved over to Kelham Island, Sheffield's up and coming area which already plays hosts to my favourite pizza place, Craft & Dough and others that I'm yet to visit, Urban Quarter and The Grind Cafe.

I've trialled many a Depot Bakery doughnut as they supply both Steam Yard and Tamper Coffee and can also be found at Peddler Market, see my posts about Steamyard here and Peddler here.
We trundled along last week on a rather lovely Autumnal day to test it out. I chose the Curry Squash and Pepper soup with their homemade bread whilst the girls went for a veggie sausage rolls and sourdough toast with jam. All went down a treat and I'm a massive fan of fresh homemade bread.
Then came the deliberation over cake, I ended up with the Chocolate Caramel Cake as I've had so many of their doughnuts I thought I should try something new. This was very brownie-esque but a bit on the sweet side for me so I may just go for the doughnut next time (obviously just as sweet). Both the white chocolate doughnut and the lemon loaf received compliments and we left with very full and happy tummies.

On our way home we took a stroll through Ponderosa Park and I turned into a child kicking leaves everywhere, we've all definitely decided Autumn is our favourite season (when it's not raining anyway!).
If you're ever in the Kelham Island area I'd definitely recommend a visit to The Depot Bakery, they also had some homemade bread to take away which I'm now regretting not purchasing. Hopefully I can head back soon!

The Depot Bakery
92 Burton Road
Sheffield
S3 8BX
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kath & Cake | UK Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig