Tuesday, April 22

Lifestyle: Wahaca, Covent Garden

I'm slowly getting through my list of restaurants that I want to go to in London. After amazing burgers at Honest last week, next up was Wahaca.
Set up by the winner of Masterchef in 2007, Wahaca is restaurant serving Mexican street food and boy is it good. It's all made fresh and includes avocados so a massive thumbs up already!
Thankfully there was no wait for food as my stomach was rumbling after watching Once, the musical. The lovely waitress showed us what the menu was all about and left us to decide...


I, of course straight away decided we had to have guacamole!
There's a massive selection of food with smaller food (Street Food) and bigger plates (Platos fuertes) we were slightly overwhelmed with choice! We decided to go for the Wahaca selection as it included a bit of everything.

Pork pibil tacos
Winter vegetable tacos
Chicken taquitos, Black Bean tostados and a large huitlacoche quesadilla  
And for drinks, I went for a Virgin Mojito which was delicious! My mum went for the Virgin Maria, which she did end up leaving as it was so spicy so maybe only go for that if you can handle the heat! The table next to us ordered cocktails which looked incredible, maybe I'll go back just for them!
Overall, it was a lovely meal if slightly too much food for two - needed my dad there to eat the remains! I would definitely recommend if you're in London as there are quite a few now.

Let me know if you have any restaurant recommendations I should add to my list?
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I had my first taste of Wahaca a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it (although we did have to waddle out after ordering a few too many small plates).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, totally agree. We were also waddling!

      Delete
  2. I love mexican food and this looks delicious! I will definitely try this place next time I visit London. Xo, Alexandra
    Glam O'Clock | Beauty Fashion Wellness Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete

© Kath & Cake | UK Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig