Friday, December 11

Life: Favourite Things About Christmas

Christmas is my favourite time of the year. I have no idea how I've hardly mentioned it on the blog yet but eeeek I'm so excited! These are a few of my favourite things about Christmas...
1. Food. Pigs in Blankets and Mince Pies to be precise - not together obviously! Then again, I love most christmas food and I like that I can totally justify eating all December long (and into January too)... Ooo and mulled wine, I hate red wine but there's something about adding loads of spices, warming it up and it becomes all kinds of wonderful.


2. Christmas films. How many times is it okay to watch Elf in December? Saying that I think Arthur Christmas may have pushed Elf from the Number 1 spot for me, if you haven't seen it, you are missing out! Other favourites include, Miracle on 34th Street, It's a Wonderful Life and Muppet's Christmas Carol.

3. Decorations. I'm so sad that I haven't been able to be at home this year to get the tree and decorate the house. I'm so looking forward to going home and seeing all the lights and the tree. I haven't managed to persuade my housemates to get a tree this year, nor have we had the time! I've just remembered when one of my flatmates in first year crafted her airer into a Christmas tree for our kitchen, it still makes me laugh so much.

4. Family. I have a pretty small family as it is , unfortunately it's shrunk further in the past few years but I really love a bit of compulsory family time. I think I cry every year when we end up playing board games and I lose (tiny bit competitive?!). This year I can't seem to stop buying presents for my family - always overspending! I have such fond memories of visiting my grandparents on Boxing Day and then my cousins and other grandparents in the week following Christmas. Normally, festivities continue into the New Year as my Uncle and Aunty come to visit!

5. Christmas Baking. Again, I can't wait to get home so I can have free reign of the kitchen and bake up some festive treats, mince pies, stollen etc etc.. I only really make my mince pies if I make my own mincemeat too as I'm a bit picky like that. Then again, Sainsbury's Taste the Difference Mince Pies aren't bad either...
What are your favourite things about Christmas?
I've put my Spotify playlist below, I promise you it's not all Mr Bubbles.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kath & Cake | UK Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig