Wednesday, October 8

Lifestyle: Birthday Meal at Purnell's Bistro

After a night of many cocktails with my friends the night before my birthday, my actual birthday was a relaxed affair.. again because it was on the bank holiday. There was cake obviously, something I wish was on The Great British Bake Off as my mum's imagination ran wild by mixing my two favourite things, Bake Off and Doctor Who.

When the whole family could get together (only 2 weeks later) we finally made it out for a birthday meal at Purnell's Bistro.
It began with cocktails for mum and I and beer for the lads. The Passionetto and Thyme for Pimms.
 For starters, my mum went for the Scotch Eggs with Black Pudding and I went for the Confit Duck Leg.
 Then for mains, I decided to go for the fish, Poached Cod with butter beans  as I was trying to avoid pork belly which I always choose in restaurants. I'm so glad I did as it was delicious. My brother had steak which I may have been slightly jealous of.
 For dessert, Raspberry Creme Brûlée, Tiramisu Purnell's way and I can't remember what the bottom one was called as we'd never heard of it but it looked and tasted great.
I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a celebration, it's quite small so I would advise booking in advance, we had to go slightly earlier than we would have liked because of this but still good all the same. Also, I may have to go back just for the cocktails!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kath & Cake | UK Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig