Thursday, April 23

Lifestyle: A weekend in the Peak District

Last weekend I took a little trip to the peaks with my parents. We stayed in a little village called Longnor which had all the essentials, a shop, pub, fish & chip shop and a tearoom.
Unfortunately the cottage although advertised as having wifi hadn't been installed so the work and blogging i'd planned to do over the weekend had to be abandoned (shame!). Other than that the place we stayed was absolutely lovely, I took the attic room with the ensuite as the downstairs room had the bigger bed. There were no blinds so I rose with the sun (early!) meaning I was on breakfast duty - croissants (!!).

On Saturday we had a little stroll round Buxton as it was only a few miles away and then in the afternoon we had a long walk followed by cake, of course.
An extremely reasonably priced cream Tea at Cobbles Tea & Coffee Shop.
On Sunday we had another long walk in slightly less pleasant weather but still with some beautiful scenery and then I journeyed back to Sheffield.
Thanks Mum and Dad for a wonderful weekend (and for all the wine!) Can this lovely weather continue please?
P.s. My Dad has loads more pictures (2 camera family!) but who knows when those will see the light of day!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kath & Cake | UK Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig