Tuesday, April 29

Recipe: Healthy Pancakes

Whilst I was at home I decided to test out a few recipes. It's still pancake day in my house and I think I've perfected my pancake recipe and possibly made them healthy? These are really versatile as you can serve them with whatever topping you fancy. They are like a hybrid of american pancakes and crepes, thin but fluffy.

You will need:
  • 1 cup of plain flour
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 eggs
  • Coconut oil to grease the pan
  • Any fruit you fancy
This makes about 5 pancakes which is slightly too much for one person but unfortunately all of my family were out.


It's quite simple, just whisk all the ingredients together until you have a smooth batter. Then put a ladleful of batter into a hot frying pan and flip after 2-3 minutes.

 Pile them high and serve with lots of fruit.


On another note, I really love blueberries and wish they were cheaper!
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. It looks so tasty and beautiful! Im getting all hungry hehe.. great blog you have, im now following you on bloglovin :-)

    //N.K.L
    www.nkl-fashion.dk

    ReplyDelete

© Kath & Cake | UK Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig