Tuesday, April 8

Lifestyle: A 21st Birthday

Time is flying by. My big brother has now reached the grand old age of 21! Celebrations were small but really nice on his actual birthday (Sunday) although he's off to Amsterdam next week which I'm sure will be very different and lots of fun.

The day started very late as the birthday boy had been at the pub the night before. I arranged all the presents downstairs wrapped in Thomas the tank engine wrapping paper obviously!! I also made some bunting a couple of weeks ago which I was going to stick his name on but I thought they looked great without. The big box is a Nespresso coffee machine because every student needs coffee and as he's nearly graduating he can upgrade his coffee from Sainsbury's basics right...

And then there was cake... more to come on that later in the week!
We then popped out for a late lunch at The Chequers at Cutnall Green where I got a bit snap happy. Blog say hello to my amazing parents!
And my brother and his lovely girlfriend, Becca!
Now onto the food, the most important bit!
There was just enough choice to leave me ummy and aahing for a looong time! In the end I plumped for the Duck & Armagnac Terrine followed by Pork Loin & Belly (my absolute fave). Both were really well presented although I would say the main lacked colour, it was all a bit dark.
For dessert, I went for the Oreo brownie as I'm a massive brownie fan. Although not as good as my favourite brownie recipe, the addition of Oreos is definitely something I want to try and make myself!
Overall, it was a really lovely day and I'd just like to say another massive happy birthday to my big brother! 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kath & Cake | UK Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig