Thursday, April 10

Recipe: Chocolate Fudge Cake

For my brother's 21st on Sunday I made a winner of a cake already approved by my flatmates at uni! The balance of icing and cake is just right (well I think so anyway) and everyone said they enjoyed it. I can't guarantee this is particularly good for you though...

For the cake you will need:
  • 400g plain flour
  • 250g golden caster sugar
  • 100g light brown muscovado sugar
  • 50g cocoa powder
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 3 large eggs
  • 142ml sour cream
  • 1 tbsp vanilla extract
  • 175g unsalted butter (melted)
  • 125ml vegetable oil
  • 300ml chilled water

And for the icing (the best bit):
  • 175g dark chocolate
  • 250g unsalted butter
  • 275g icing sugar
  • 1 tbsp vanilla extract
To make the cake, combine all the ingredients and put in 2 lined 8 inch sandwich tins. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 50 minutes. 
For the icing, mix the ingredients until smooth and spreadable. Then put a quarter of icing on one cake and put the other one on top. Cover the cake on the top and the sides and decorate how you like. 
I cut out a paper stencil and then grated white chocolate over the top but for my flatmates I crushed maltesers on the top. 

Mmmmm cake!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kath & Cake | UK Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig